Saturday 28 April 2012

Every soul shall taste death

Death is on my mind these days! How can it not be?? The massacre in Syria and Palestine, the recent plane crash in Pakistan just weeks after 135 brave soldiers were buried under snow and just generally death seems to be around me, so I've got death on my mind. I have been thinking about my state when my time comes. I recently read about a brother who has been through a major surgery and as soon as he came to; he said his shahadah and kept repeating it through semi-consciousness all while he was still in the ICU. I read about a sister, who was in the throws of death - screaming with pain and passing out due to its intensity but as soon as the doctor came she asked for her hijab. I read about a sister, who bore extreme pain of chemotherapy for months on end but never gave up hope. I recently found out my paternal grandfather (who passed away when i was 4) never gave up prayers even right after he had  been operated on for a tumor. My uncle is in a coma right now, doctors say his brain is too damaged to ever fully recover but our hope is in someone greater than medical science. One time my aunt saw his arm moving, when she removed his covers he had his fist made like he was in tashahud. He was never known to miss his prayers.
I read how Prophet Ibrahim AS made dua for himself to be remembered by people in a good way. Allah not only fulfilled his dua but made his acts a legacy for all Muslims to follow - SubhanAllah. So I pray death comes to me in the best state of my Iman, I pray when it comes I have the Kalimah on my lips and when Allah takes me; He is pleased with me. I am still thinking about how Id like to be remembered - I hope as someone who made a difference. May Allah give me the guidance to be of use to His creation and may He accept.

No comments:

Post a Comment